MOPH Membership Types

Eligibility requirements to become a Member of the Military Order of the Purple Heart

All persons of good moral character who are awarded the Purple Heart Medal by the Government of the United States AND are not dishonorably discharged are eligible for active membership in the Military Order of the Purple Heart of the U.S.A. 

Simply complete and submit an application form, provide documentation to us of the award of the Purple Heart Medal, and remit your dues with the application.  

Evidence of the award of the Purple Heart must be submitted, certificate alone does not constitute proof of award.  If discharged, discharge document such as a DD214  must be provided reflecting character of service as honorable or under honorable conditions.  

Are you new to the Mid-Cities area and already a member of the Military Order of the Purple Heart.  


Please consider joining us and getting active.


With so many returning military who need assistance, now more than ever we need your experience and active participation.  


We are a chapter with a heart for our veterans, and we want you to work alongside us ensure our veterans and their families are honored and respected.


Transfer Members, please complete this form.

Are you a lineal relative of a Purple Heart Medal Recipient? If so, you qualify for Associate Membership in the Military Order of the Purple Heart


Work side by side with Purple Heart recipients to continue the legacy of these brave men and women who gave so much to this country.


To be eligible for Associate Membership, you must be a spouse, parent, sibling, or lineal descendant of either a living or deceased Purple Heart recipient.

Most veterans and their next-of-kin can obtain free copies of their DD Form 214 (Report of Separation) and other military and medical records several ways.  online eVetRecs system creates a customized order form to request information from your, or your relative's, military personnel records.